Their wonderful distillery, on the banks of the River Teith, has always been at the very heart of Deanston.
It first opened its doors in 1785, not as a distillery, but as a cotton mill. As the mill flourished, the village began to take shape. Workers’ houses were built, local shops were opened and a community was born.
Changing times resulted in the closure of the mill in 1965 but was it possible that the perfect place to make cotton was also the perfect place to make whisky?
It most certainly was.